Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PUMA buzzword alert


I was leisurely reading the style section of my Sunday Dallas Morning News when a certain sneaker caught my eye. Puma's are be-hoofin' every stylish male (and some female) monikers at both casual and upscale events. This trend got me curious, so I wiki'd the brand to find out much more about this everywhere shoe line. These smart sneakers have truly invented form meets fashion with Alexander McQueen and Japanese fashion guru Mihara Yasuhiro as current contributing designers.

If this seems a little "haute couture" for you, Johnny Damon, the all star center fielder for the New York Yankees, dons both cleats for games and casual sneakers at night. Who couldn't love the whimsical shoes with names encouraging both trend setters and retro lovers alike. Top sellers King LS-Old School Pumas and The Suede-Sweet Street Shoes are examples of cross genre appeal.

Digging further, I stumbled on another lightweight P.U.M.A. transportation device: Personalized Urban Mobility and Accessibility.

"It’s based on the premise that many cars are “over-engineered” for some driving situations. A Cadillac Escalade, for example, is probably unnecessary to drive a few blocks in Manhattan, where research says the average speed was 18.8 miles per house and three-quarters of the population doesn’t own a car, according to research cited by GM, which has been working with Segway for about 18 months on the project." http://cycledallas.blogspot.com/

This looks more liked a tricked out wheelchair then half a Smart Car, but General Motors is demanding we take it serious: this is the future in transportation.

Can you picture this: cruisin' along Dallas Tollway North in your SUV and coming upon a 2 wheeled motorized cart. This will go over like a fly in a punchbowl, especially considering they max out at 35 mph. But we're going GREEN, ya'll!!!

You'll catch me in a pair of PUMA sneakers way before getting in a P.U.M.A. to go grocery shopping. Which leads to my next question: where in the world do you put your groceries from SuperTarget? Let's just face it, Texas is and will always be "supersized".

2 comments:

  1. I have read lots of blogs and I really think your's is one of the best.
    Can't wait to see what you comment on next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I can just see cruisin' in one of these down the central expressway. You'd end up like a bug on a windshield!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am adding you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete